AN OFFICE in London’s Canary Wharf has been put on lockdown over coronavirus fears with 300 employees sent home.
Meanwhile, a number of European countries have announced their first coronavirus cases, with them all appearing to link to Italy.
Italy has become the worst-affected country in Europe, with over 300 cases and 11 dead.
Neighbouring countries have not yet decided to close the borders.
What’s the latest across Europe?
- In Austria, a young Italian couple who live in Innsbruck in the Tyrol have been infected by coronavirus. One of them had worked at a hotel, which is now in lockdown. Their home is also sealed off.
- In Tenerife, around 1,000 guests were locked down in a hotel after an Italian doctor and his wife tested positive for the deadly disease
- In mainland Spain, a woman in Barcelona has tested positive after visiting northern Italy
- In Switzerland a man in his seventies living in Ticino, bordering Italy, has contracted the bug after visiting Milan on 15 February. He is now in isolation.
- In Croatia a man who has recently returned from Italy has been confirmed positive
- France and Germany have also reported new cases involving people who have recently been to Italy
Follow our coronavirus live blog below to stay up to date with the latest news and updates.
Source: The Sun UK